Monday, June 23, 2008

NY Times Magazine article about Gov. Crist

NY Times Magazine has given Charlie Crist the GQ treatment (seriously, check out the picture), and runs through a series of somewhat-humorous Q-and-As.

Check it out here.

Some highlights:

Where were you during the Florida recount of 2000? I was on the ballot in 2000. I ran for education commissioner that year. And won. No recount!

The novelist Carl Hiaasen has publicly asked that you excuse yourself from the vice-presidential sweepstakes, since you have been governor for only 17 months and haven’t accomplished much, in his estimation. I appreciate his counsel.

If you became vice president, he wrote in The Miami Herald, you would be better remembered for your tan than for your leadership. I hear that too. And that’s also very flattering.

I trust you use self-tanning lotion and stay out of the sun. No. It’s the sun. And it’s my heritage. I’m of Greek descent.

No comments: